Social Studies & Writing Class
Students will study U.S. History from the time period of the late 1700’s to the late 1800’s. Students will concentrate on the Bill of Rights through the Civil War. Some class writing strategies will include MEAL, RAFT, Think and Apply, Inferences, Vocabulary skills, context clues, genre, Irony, and more! We will also practice D.B.Q.’s (Document Based-Questions).
KENNETH W. NEWBERG
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
• Masters of Science, Secondary History June 2005
• Queens College of the City of New York, Flushing, N.Y. Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education June 1993
• Dowling College, Oakdale, N.Y.
• New York State Elementary Education Provisional Certification, N-6
• New York State Social Studies Provisional Certification, 7-12
• Debate Coach (1994-2005)
• More than 25 years of secondary school teaching experience.
• 10 years of debate coaching
• Ken has led the schools to win the New York City Debate and won the championship.
• He currently works for a public middle school in New York.
• Chess Coach 2016-present